About The Houston Roundball Review
Kris Gardner is owner and webmaster of The Houston Roundball Review. The HRR began in 1994, as a partnership; but, co-founder, Brian Watson passed away due to health issues.
- Basketball is my passion.
- Thank you for visiting TheHRR.com.
- I've appeared as a basketball analyst on Houston sports radio for 15+ years as well as appeared on tv shows sharing my basketball knowledge and insight.
- Over the years, the HRR has evolved from a NBA Draft only publication.
- The Houston Roundball Review has been media credentialed to cover basketball since 1997.
- In 1997, The HRR's goal was to provide basketball fans information not found in the newspaper; however, as the use of blogs has permeated throughout the world, the newspaper has diminished in popularity and THE go-to source for basketball information.
- In 2000, I began covering the Houston Comets and the WNBA. I'm proud to say The Houston Roundball Review was one of the top websites in the country for news and information about the Comets and the WNBA. However, in 2008, when the Comets were disbanded, a large portion of this website's visitors vanished.
- The HRR covers men's' and women's college basketball as well as the Houston Rockets and the NBA.
- The HRR has covered the NCAA Women's Final since 2003 as well as the 2006 and 2013 NBA All-Star Games plus the 2011 and 2016 NCAA Men's Final Four.
- From 2006 to present, the majority of The HRR's basketball information has been posted on the HRR's men's and women's basketball blogs.
- As a visitor to TheHRR.com, you have various formats to gather your hoop info. Such as reading the game stories; commentaries; watching video interviews posted on the HRR blogs; the HRR Facebook fan page; and TheHRR's YouTube channel.
- Within the last few years, I've partnered with the 5th Ward Wildcat (Jerry Lee Woodley, Jr.) and Doc (Dr. Kenyatta Cavil) for our KG, 5th Ward Wildcat and Doc Podcasts which give listeners a chance to hear our opinions on various sports topics. The podcasts are available on SoundCloud, iTunes, and Pod Directory.
- Many times I've thought about discontinuing this website and The Houston Roundball Review altogether; but, as stated in the first bullet point: Basketball is my passion.
- Once again, thank you for visiting the website.